Wireless data transmission network, two-way communication, for receiving values from various devices (parking sensors, meters, temperature, etc)
- Free transmission frequency 868Mhz. Encrypted transmission.
- Full download of cash data (alarms, recorders, etc.)
- Larger transmission range 300-1500 meters in visual contact, usually up to 200 meters the meter is inside the shaft with cast iron lid (semi-circular environment)
- Two-way communication (during transmission by the collector stops receiving any signals in its range)
- Receiving data from any device transmitting to a LoRa network, the network can cover other needs of the Municipality. E.g. parking sensors, smart lighting, air quality, litter bins etc.
- The installation of transponders is not supported. If a meter is not covered by the network, an antenna must be installed near it, otherwise we cannot take the measurement remotely.
- Cost of using collectors owned by others (and maintaining the network).
- A more complex server installation is required to download the data.
- Each meter must be “married” to that network to communicate. Additional work in the field. Especially if the meter has been installed in the field before the network was created.
- Low transmission time step (eg every 8 hours on water meters).